This section of the website is dedicated to the various parish groups, religious education classes for children and the upcoming events at St Winefride's Church.
- Euacharistic Ministers assist in distributing the Holy Communion at Mass and bringing Holy Communion to the housebound
- Readers – Volunteers are always needed for Reading Ministry
- Altar Servers – Boys and girls perform this important task
- Music – On Sundays at 10.30am Mass singing accompanied by the organ
- Usually at Saturday evening Mass the instrumental group provide the music
- Flowers – For the weekly flowers and arrangements for weddings etc.
- Church Cleaning – Volunteers are very welcome for the rota
- Parish Finance Group
- Parish Liturgy Group
- Newsletter – A weekly bulletin of events in the Parish.
- Children’s Liturgy – Every Sunday in the Parish Rooms at 10.30am.
- Gift Aiding – Helps our parish financially and does not cost anything to those subscribing.
- Cenacle Group – This rosary group meets frequently in parishioners’ homes.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society – Members visit the sick and elderly at home and in hospital, raise money and help those in need of their assistance.
- CAFOD (Catholic Agency for Overseas Development) Parish Group – CAFOD raise funds for various projects with the aim to end poverty and make a just world
- Ecumenical Group – The Churches in Lymm and surrounding area cooperate through “Lymm Churches Together”.
Children's Religious Education Classes
As we do not nave our own Catholic Primary School, there are Religion Education classes for all children in the parish who do not attend Catholic Primary Schools (6 – 12 years) every Thursday 5.15pm – 6.00pm. Parents are most welcome.
Children’s Sunday Schools:
Children’s Liturgy of the Word on Sundays at 10.30am – an act of worship for junior children during the scripture readings and homily at Mass. Children go in the parish rooms for the start of Mass, then return to the main service bringing bread and wine in time for the Preparation of the Gifts”.
Age 5 and under, the children colour pre-printed religious themed sheets whilst discussing the Gospel message, singing, reading and playing.
Age 6+, the group comprises of a mixture of age ranges containing children working towards both First Holy Communion and Confirmation. The focus is on discussing the gospel message and its meaning whilst again colouring and singing Hymns.
Procession of the Gifts, both groups combine in procession taking the Bread, Wine and books to the Altar; they then exchange the sign of Peace with the Priest and return to their parents for the remainder of the Mass.